HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-106-0625  <<  388-106-0630 >>   388-106-0650

PDFWAC 388-106-0630

Can I be employed and receive chore?

If you are not medicaid eligible due to your earned income and resources and are receiving chore personal care services:
(1) You may be required to pay participation, per WAC 388-106-0625, for any earned income above one hundred percent of the federal poverty level.
(2) The department will exempt fifty percent of your earned income after work expense deductions. Work expense deductions are:
(a) Personal work expenses in the form of self-employment taxes (FICA); and income taxes when paid;
(b) Payroll deductions required by law or as a condition of employment in the amounts actually withheld;
(c) The necessary cost of transportation to and from the place of employment by the most economical means, except rental cars;
(d) Expenses necessary for continued employment such as tools, materials, union dues, transportation to service customers not furnished by the employer; and
(e) Uniforms needed on the job and not suitable for wear away from the job.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.520. WSR 05-11-082, ยง 388-106-0630, filed 5/17/05, effective 6/17/05.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group