HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
388-02-0275  <<  388-02-0280 >>   388-02-0285

PDFWAC 388-02-0280

Who may request a continuance?

(1) Any party may request a continuance either orally or in writing.
(2) Before contacting the ALJ to request a continuance, a party should contact the other parties, if possible, to find out if they will agree to a continuance. If you are unable to contact the parties, the OAH or the department must assist you in contacting them.
(3) The party making the request for a continuance must let the ALJ know whether the other parties agreed to the continuance.
(a) If the parties agree to a continuance, the ALJ must grant it unless the ALJ finds that good cause for a continuance does not exist.
(b) If the parties do not agree to a continuance, the ALJ must set a prehearing conference to decide whether there is good cause to grant or deny the continuance. The prehearing conference will be scheduled as required by WAC 388-02-0197 and 388-02-0250.
(4) If the ALJ grants a continuance, the OAH must send a new hearing notice at least fourteen calendar days before the new hearing date. The OAH must provide notice of seven or more business days if the case is about child support under chapter 388-14A WAC.
(5) If the ALJ denies the continuance, the ALJ will proceed with the hearing on the date the hearing is scheduled, but must still issue a written order regarding the denial of the continuance.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 34.05.020, 34.05.220. WSR 11-04-074, § 388-02-0280, filed 1/31/11, effective 3/3/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 34.05.020. WSR 00-18-059, § 388-02-0280, filed 9/1/00, effective 10/2/00.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group