HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
308-93-160  <<  308-93-200 >>   308-93-220

PDFWAC 308-93-200

Involuntary transfer of a vessel.

(1) Who may repossess a vessel? A Washington titled vessel may only be repossessed by the legal owner of record or secured party.
(2) What documentation does the department require when a vessel is repossessed? In addition to other documents required:
(a) The most recent certificate of ownership; or
(b) An affidavit in lieu of certificate of ownership; and
(c) A notarized/certified signature on an affidavit of repossession.
(3) Is the secured party/legal owner required to apply for a new certificate of ownership when a vessel has been repossessed? If the secured party/legal owner intends to hold the vessel for resale, they do not need to apply for a new certificate of ownership. Upon transfer to another person, the buyer must promptly mail or deliver to the department those documents referenced in subsection (2) of this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 88.02.070 and 88.02.100. WSR 00-23-029, § 308-93-200, filed 11/7/00, effective 12/8/00; WSR 98-21-001, § 308-93-200, filed 10/8/98, effective 11/8/98. Statutory Authority: 1983 c 7 § 20 and 1983 2nd ex.s. c 3 § 46. WSR 83-23-076 (Order 736-DOL), § 308-93-200, filed 11/18/83.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group