HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
208-630-210  <<  208-630-220 >>   208-630-230

PDFWAC 208-630-220

Who may make claims against the bond?

Any person who is a purchaser of a monetary instrument from the licensee having a claim against the licensee for the dishonor of any monetary instrument by the drawee financial institution due to insufficient funds or by reason of the account having been closed, or any person who obtained a small loan from the licensee and was damaged by the licensee's violation of chapter 31.45 RCW or this chapter, may bring suit upon such bond or deposit in the superior court of the county in which the monetary instrument was purchased, or in the superior court of a county in which the licensee maintains a place of business. Jurisdiction shall be exclusively in the superior court. Any action must be brought not later than one year after the dishonor of the monetary instrument on which the claim is based. If the claims against a bond or deposit exceed the amount of the bond or deposit, each claimant shall only be entitled to a pro rata amount, based on the amount of the claim as it is valid against the bond, or deposit, without regard to the date of filing of any claim or action.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 31.04.165, 43.320.040, 31.45.030, 31.45.050, 31.45.200. WSR 05-22-009, ยง 208-630-220, filed 10/21/05, effective 11/21/05.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group