HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
192-570-020  <<  192-570-030 >>   192-570-040

PDFWAC 192-570-030

What is the process for an employee to file a complaint alleging that an employer committed unlawful acts?

(1) Any employee as defined in RCW 50A.05.010 may file a complaint with the department alleging one or more violations of RCW 50A.40.010. A complaint must be submitted on a form provided by the department, or in another format approved by the department.
(2) An employee may alternatively seek a private right of action under chapter 50A.40 RCW to recover damages described in RCW 50A.40.030. A private right of action is only available to an employee who has:
(a) Not filed a complaint with the department;
(b) Withdrawn a filed complaint under subsection (4) of this section; or
(c) Resolved a complaint under subsection (5) of this section.
(3) All complaints alleging a violation of RCW 50A.40.010, whether filed with the department or through a private right of action, must be filed within three years of the date the violation is alleged to have occurred.
(4) An employee who has filed a complaint with the department may withdraw the complaint by providing written notice to the department within ten days from the date the department acknowledges receipt of the complaint. A withdrawal of a complaint terminates the department's administrative action, including investigation of the complaint.
(5) If a resolution is reached between the employee and the employer during the course of the investigation, a statement of resolution must be signed by the employee and the employer and provided to the department. Resolution between the employee and the employer terminates the department's administrative action related to the complaint.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 50A.05.060 and 2020 c 125. WSR 20-20-074, ยง 192-570-030, filed 10/2/20, effective 11/2/20.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group