HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
173-153-020  <<  173-153-030 >>   173-153-040

PDFWAC 173-153-030

How are terms defined in this rule?

For the purposes of this chapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following definitions apply:
"Application" means an application made on an ecology form identified as an Application for Change/Transfer to Water Right, form number 040-1-97 for a transfer of a water right, including those transfers proposed under authority of RCW 90.03.380, 90.03.390 and 90.44.100. A board may supplement the application with additional forms or requests for additional documentation. These forms and documentation become a part of the application.
"Board" means a water conservancy board pursuant to chapter 90.80 RCW.
"Bylaws" means the internal operating procedures, policies, or other guidance adopted by a board and designated as the board's bylaws.
"Consumptive use" means use of water whereby there is a diminishment of the water source.
"Director" means the director of the department of ecology.
"Ecology" means the department of ecology.
"Ecology regional office" means the water resources program at the ecology regional office designated to a board as the office where the board shall interact as identified within this chapter.
"Geographic area" means an area within the state of Washington in which an established board would have authority to process water right transfer applications. This area is identified by the legislative authority or authorities of the county or counties seeking to establish the water conservancy board. The area may be a single county, more than one county, a single water resource inventory area, or more than one water resource inventory area. If the identified geographic area contains all or part of more than one county, the counties involved must identify a "lead county" for certain administrative purposes.
"Lead county" means the county legislative authority with which ecology will communicate for administrative purposes in cases where a water conservancy board's geographic area includes more than one county legislative authority.
"Nonwater right holder" means, solely for the purpose of satisfying RCW 90.80.050(2) in regard to determining whether a potential water conservancy board commissioner is a "nonwater right holder," any party who:
(1) Does not meet the criteria of a water right holder as defined in this section; or
(2) Receives water solely through a water distributing entity.
"Record of decision" means the written conclusion reached by a water conservancy board regarding a transfer application, with documentation of each board commissioner's vote on the decision. The record of decision must be on a form provided by ecology and identified as a Record of Decision, form number 040-105.
"Report of examination" means the written explanation, factual findings, and analysis that support a board's record of decision. The report of examination is an integral part of the record of decision. The report of examination must be on a form provided by ecology and identified as Water Conservancy Board Report of Examination, form number 040-106.
"Source" means the water body from which water is or would be diverted or withdrawn under an existing water right which an applicant has proposed to be transferred.
"Transfer" means a transfer, change, amendment, or other alteration of part or all of a water right, as authorized under RCW 90.03.380, 90.03.390 or 90.44.100.
"Trust water right" means any water right acquired by the state under chapter 90.38 or 90.42 RCW, for management in the state's trust water rights program.
"Water conservancy board coordinator" means the person designated by the director or his or her designee to coordinate statewide water conservancy board activities, communication, and training, and to advocate for consistent statewide implementation of chapter 90.80 RCW and chapter 173-153 WAC.
"Water right holder" means, solely for the purpose of satisfying RCW 90.80.020 (2)(d) and 90.80.050(2) in regard to determining whether the qualifications of petitioners to create a board and a potential water conservancy board commissioner are "water right holders," and as used within this rule, any individual who asserts that he or she has a water right and can provide appropriate documentation of a privately owned water right which is appurtenant to the land that they individually or through marital community property own or in which they have a majority interest. Exception to the definition of a water right holder for the purpose of determining a person's eligibility to be appointed as a commissioner is found in RCW 90.80.050(5).
[Statutory Authority: RCW 90.80.040. WSR 06-18-102 (Order 05-18), § 173-153-030, filed 9/6/06, effective 10/7/06; WSR 03-01-039 (Order 01-13), § 173-153-030, filed 12/9/02, effective 1/9/03. Statutory Authority: Chapter 90.80 RCW. WSR 99-23-101 (Order 98-11), § 173-153-030, filed 11/17/99, effective 12/18/99.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group