HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
16-54-086  <<  16-54-088 >>   16-54-090

PDFWAC 16-54-088

Temporary grazing permits.

Cattle moving interstate on grazing permits are exempt from a certificate of veterinary inspection and testing requirements.
(1)(a) Persons desiring to move cattle into Washington state for temporary grazing purposes must complete a temporary grazing application approved by both states. After approval, a permit number will be issued.
(b) Temporary grazing permits are valid for a period not to exceed six months and are valid only for movement to the destination specified on the permit and return to the location of origin.
(c) A copy of the approved application must accompany any vehicle transporting cattle into Washington state for temporary grazing purposes.
(d) Temporary grazing permits will be issued only for cattle entering from states that share common borders with the state of Washington.
(e) If cattle have been commingled with other herds or additional cattle have been added to the original grazing herd, they must have a certificate of veterinary inspection and entry permit in order to return to Washington.
(2) Permits are granted based on current disease conditions in both states. The director may specify conditions on the permit to prevent or control disease.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 16.36 and 34.05 RCW. WSR 07-14-056, ยง 16-54-088, filed 6/28/07, effective 7/29/07.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group