HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
132Y-126-004  <<  132Y-126-005 >>   132Y-126-006

PDFWAC 132Y-126-005

Amendment of educational records.

(1) Request to amend educational records
(a) The student who believes that information contained in his private educational records is inaccurate or misleading or violates his privacy or other rights may request that the college amend these records.
(b) The college shall decide whether to amend the educational records of the student in accordance with the request, normally within two weeks of receipt of the request.
(c) If the college decides to refuse to amend the educational records of the student in accordance with the request, it shall so inform the eligible student of the refusal and advise the student of the right to a hearing.
(d) A hearing may not be requested by an eligible student to contest the assignment of a grade; however, a hearing may be requested to contest whether or not the assigned grade was recorded accurately in the educational records of the student.
(2) Right to a hearing.
(a) The method for requesting a hearing shall be by written appeal through the dean of student services office.
(b) Conduct of the hearing.
(i) The hearing shall normally be held within two weeks after the receipt of the request for said hearing.
(ii) The hearing shall be conducted and adjudicated by the dean for student services.
(iii) The eligible student may have assistance from, or be represented by, an individual of his/her choice and at his/her own expense, including an attorney, in presenting his/her case.
(iv) A written copy of the decision and rationale shall normally be afforded the student within two weeks after the conclusion of the hearing by the dean for student services.
(c) If the eligible student disagrees with results of the hearing, he/she has the right to place a statement to this effect, with reasons, in his/her educational records. This statement shall be retained as long as the disputed information is on file and shall be forwarded with this information at any time it is disclosed to an outside agency.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140(19) and 20 U.S.C., Sec. 1232 G. WSR 84-01-066 (Resolution No. 83-12-1), ยง 132Y-126-005, filed 12/20/83.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group