HTML has links - PDF has Authentication
110-301-0260  <<  110-301-0300 >>   110-301-0305

PDFWAC 110-301-0300

Individual care plan.

(1) A school-age provider must develop an individual care plan for each child with special needs. Plans and documentation required under this section must:
(a) Meet the requirements of this section;
(b) Be available for department review;
(c) Have written permission from a child's parent or guardian stating that a visiting health professional may provide services to the child at the school-age program, if applicable;
(d) Have verification that school-age program staff involved with a particular child has been trained on implementing the individual care plan for that child, if applicable;
(e) Be updated annually or when there is a change in the child's special needs; and
(f) Be kept in the child's file.
(2) The individual care plan must be signed by the parent or guardian and may be developed using a department provided template.
(a) The individual care plan must contain:
(i) The child's diagnosis, if known;
(ii) Contact information for the primary health care provider or other relevant specialist;
(iii) A list of medications to be administered at scheduled times, or during an emergency along with descriptions of symptoms that would trigger emergency medication;
(iv) Directions on how to administer medication;
(v) Allergies;
(vi) Food allergy and dietary needs, pursuant to WAC 110-301-0186;
(vii) Activity, behavioral, or environmental modifications for the child;
(viii) Known symptoms and triggers;
(ix) Emergency response plans and what procedures to perform; and
(x) Suggested special skills training, and education for school-age program staff, including specific pediatric first aid and CPR for special health care needs.
(b) A school-age provider must have supporting documentation of the child's special needs provided by the child's licensed or certified:
(i) Physician or physician's assistant;
(ii) Mental health professional;
(iii) Education professional;
(iv) Social worker with a bachelor's degree or higher with a specialization in the individual child's needs; or
(v) Registered nurse or advanced registered nurse practitioner.
(3) A school-age provider's written plan and documentation for accommodations must be informed by any existing:
(a) Individual education plan (IEP);
(b) Individual health plan (IHP);
(c) 504 Plan; or
(d) Individualized family service plan (IFSP).
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.216.055 and 43.216.065. WSR 21-10-035, ยง 110-301-0300, filed 4/27/21, effective 6/1/21.]
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group