18.330.050  <<  18.330.060 >>   18.330.070

Intake form.

(1) The agency shall use a standardized intake form for all clients prior to making a referral. The intake form must, at a minimum, contain the following information regarding the vulnerable adult:
(a) Recent medical history, as relevant to the referral process;
(b) Known medications and medication management needs;
(c) Known medical diagnoses, health concerns, and the reasons the client is seeking supportive housing or care services;
(d) Significant known behaviors or symptoms that may cause concern or require special care;
(e) Mental illness, dementia, or developmental disability diagnosis, if any;
(f) Assistance needed for daily living;
(g) Particular cultural or language access needs and accommodations;
(h) Activity preferences;
(i) Sleeping habits of the vulnerable adult, if known;
(j) Basic information about the financial situation of the vulnerable adult and the availability of any long-term care insurance or financial assistance, including medicaid, which may be helpful in defining supportive housing and care services options for the vulnerable adult;
(k) Current living situation of the client;
(l) Geographic location preferences; and
(m) Preferences regarding other issues important to the client, such as food and daily routine.
(2) The agency shall obtain the intake information from the most available sources, such as from the client, the client's representative, or a health care professional, and shall allow the vulnerable adult to participate to the maximum extent possible.
(3) The agency may provide information to a person about the types of supportive housing or care services available in the area that may meet the needs of elderly or vulnerable adults without the need to complete an intake form or provide a disclosure statement, if the agency does not make a referral or request or receive any fee. In addition, the agency may provide the names of specific providers to a social worker, discharge planner, case manager, professional guardian, nurse, or other professional who is assisting a vulnerable adult locate supportive housing or care services, provided the agency does not request or receive any fee.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group