11.114.060  <<  11.114.070 >>   11.114.080

Transfer by obligor.

(1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3) of this section, a person not subject to RCW 11.114.050 or 11.114.060 who holds property of or owes a liquidated debt to a minor not having a guardian may make an irrevocable transfer to a custodian for the benefit of the minor pursuant to RCW 11.114.090.
(2) If a person having the right to do so under RCW 11.114.030 has nominated a custodian under that section to receive the custodial property, the transfer shall be made to that person.
(3) If no custodian has been nominated under RCW 11.114.030, or all persons so nominated as custodian die before the transfer or are unable, decline, or are ineligible to serve, a transfer under this section may be made to an adult member of the minor's family or to a trust company unless the property exceeds thirty thousand dollars in value.
(4) A member of the minor's family or the person who holds the property of the minor or who owes a debt to the minor may request that the court establish a custodianship if not previously established, regardless of the value of the transfer.
Site Contents
Selected content listed in alphabetical order under each group