Committee Sign In - Senate Remote Testimony
- Select the committee name and meeting date and time, then select the bill for which you would like to testify.
- Select “I would like to Testify Live During the Hearing.” Testimony registration will close 1 hour before the start time of the hearing. Anyone who does not register before this deadline will be unable to testify before the committee.
- Ensure your registration information is accurate. It will be a part of the legislative record and used by TVW for online and television graphics.
- Those who have registered for remote testimony will be emailed a link to the meeting. Each link is unique to the registrant. Registrants are prohibited from sharing links.
- You may participate via videoconference or phone. See instructions on how to connect to the meeting.
- Be advised: Registering to testify does not guarantee you a chance to speak or speak at specific times. Time constraints, technical issues, changes to committee schedules, etc. could affect your ability to testify.
- The committee Chair may limit public testimony to as little as one minute per testifier because of time constraints. Be prepared to testify at any point during the hearing.
- Maintain proper committee protocol, which includes waiting to be acknowledged by the committee Chair before speaking and following rules for testimony established by the Chair.
- Committee and technical staff may not be able to address any connection or technical issues you may experience before or during the committee meeting.
Anyone who fails to follow the rules for testimony established by the committee Chair forfeits their opportunity to testify.How to Submit Written Testimony
- Select the committee name and meeting date and time, then select the bill for which you would like to submit written testimony.
- Select “I would like to Submit Written Testimony.” Written testimony will close 24 hours after the start time of the hearing.
- Provide your written comments in the form. Your comments will be made available to legislative members and staff of the committee, and will be included in the legislative record for bill and meeting archival purposes, but will not be used as part of testimony summary materials on the bill report.
If you require an accommodation to testify before a committee, please refer to options on the Legislature’s Americans with Disabilities Act Information https://leg.wa.gov/legislature/pages/adainfo.aspx page.