• Make sure scaffolds are erected, moved, altered, or dismantled only when the work is:
– Supervised and directed by a competent person qualified in scaffold erection, moving, dismantling, or alteration;
– Done by experienced and trained employees selected by the competent person.
A competent person is someone who:
• Is capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees;
• Has the authority to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. WSR 05-01-054, § 296-874-20004, filed 12/7/04, effective 3/1/05.]