(1) An owner of contaminated property who desires to reduce the contamination shall use the services of an authorized contractor unless otherwise authorized by the local health officer.
(2) The local health officer shall provide the property owner with a list of authorized contractors upon request.
(3) When an authorized contractor is required for decontamination, the property owner shall have a written work plan approved by the local health officer before starting decontamination.
(4) When an authorized contractor is required for decontamination, the contractor shall prepare the work plan in accordance with this chapter and chapter 64.44
RCW. When the local health officer determines the services of an authorized contractor are not necessary, the local health officer shall take appropriate measures to ensure the property is decontaminated consistent with the purposes of chapter 64.44
(5) The property owner or the contractor shall decontaminate the property according to the approved work plan and to meet the decontamination standards described in WAC 246-205-541
(6) The property owner shall be responsible for:
(a) The costs of any property testing which may be required to demonstrate the presence or absence of hazardous chemicals;
(b) The costs of the property's decontamination and disposal expenses, as well as costs incurred by the local health officer resulting from the enforcement of this chapter;
(c) Keeping records documenting decontamination procedures and submitting notarized copies of all records to the local health officer; and
(d) Petitioning the local health officer to review the decontamination records and to declare the property decontaminated.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 64.44.070
. WSR 03-02-022, § 246-205-570, filed 12/23/02, effective 1/23/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 64.40.070
[64.44.070] and chapter 64.44
RCW. WSR 92-10-027 (Order 268B), § 246-205-570, filed 4/29/92, effective 5/30/92.]