Acquisition, construction, equipping and betterment of lands, buildings and facilities at universities and The Evergreen State College — Authorized.
The boards of regents of the state universities and the boards of trustees of the regional universities and The Evergreen State College are severally authorized to:
(1) Enter into contracts with persons, firms or corporations for the construction, installation, equipping, repairing, renovating and betterment of buildings and facilities for the following:
(d) dining halls
(e) student activities
(f) services of every kind for students, including, but not limited to, housing, employment, registration, financial aid, counseling, testing and offices of the dean of students
(g) vehicular parking
(h) student, faculty and employee housing and boarding;
(2) Purchase or lease lands and other appurtenances necessary for the construction and installation of such buildings and facilities and to purchase or lease lands with buildings and facilities constructed or installed thereon suitable for the purposes aforesaid;
(3) Lease to any persons, firms, or corporations such portions of the campus of their respective institutions as may be necessary for the construction and installation of buildings and facilities for the purposes aforesaid and the reasonable use thereof;
(4) Borrow money to pay the cost of the acquisition of such lands and of the construction, installation, equipping, repairing, renovating, and betterment of such buildings and facilities, including interest during construction and other incidental costs, and to issue revenue bonds or other evidence of indebtedness therefor, and to refinance the same before or at maturity and to provide for the amortization of such indebtedness from services and activities fees or from the rentals, fees, charges, and other income derived through the ownership, operation and use of such lands, buildings, and facilities and any other dormitory, hospital, infirmary, dining, student activities, student services, vehicular parking, housing or boarding building or facility at the institution;
(5) Contract to pay as rental or otherwise the cost of the acquisition of such lands and of the construction and installation of such buildings and facilities on the amortization plan; the contract not to run over forty years;
(6) Expend on the amortization plan services and activities fees and/or any part of all of the fees, charges, rentals, and other income derived from any or all revenue-producing lands, buildings, and facilities of their respective institutions, heretofore or hereafter acquired, constructed or installed, including but not limited to income from rooms, dormitories, dining rooms, hospitals, infirmaries, housing or student activity buildings, vehicular parking facilities, land or the appurtenances thereon, and to pledge such services and activities fees and/or the net income derived through the ownership, operation and use of any lands, buildings or facilities of the nature described in subsection (1) hereof for the payment of part or all of the rental, acquisition, construction, and installation, and the betterment, repair, and renovation or other contract charges, bonds or other evidence of indebtedness agreed to be paid on account of the acquisition, construction, installation or rental of, or the betterment, repair or renovation of, lands, buildings, facilities and equipment of the nature authorized by this section.
[1977 ex.s. c 169 § 13; 1973 1st ex.s. c 130 § 1; 1969 ex.s. c 223 § 28B.10.300. Prior: 1967 ex.s. c 107 § 1; 1963 c 167 § 1; 1961 c 229 § 2; prior: (i) 1950 ex.s. c 17 § 1, part; 1947 c 64 § 1, part; 1933 ex.s. c 23 § 1, part; 1925 ex.s. c 91 § 1, part; Rem. Supp. 1947 § 4543-1, part. (ii) 1947 c 64 § 2, part; 1933 ex.s. c 23 § 2, part; 1925 ex.s. c 91 § 2, part; Rem. Supp. 1947 § 4543-2, part. Formerly RCW 28.76.180.]
| Severability -- Nomenclature -- Savings -- 1977 ex.s. c 169: See notes following RCW 28B.10.016.|
Prior bonds validated: See 1961 c 229 § 10.