(1) The department must cause a notice to be published not later than November 1st, immediately following the report required by RCW 63.29.170
in the printed or online version of a newspaper of general circulation within this state, which the department determines is most likely to give notice to the apparent owner of the property.
(2) The published notice must be entitled "Notice to Owners of Unclaimed Property" and contain a summary explanation of how owners may obtain information about unclaimed property reported to the department.
(3) Not later than September 1st, immediately following the report required by RCW 63.29.170
, the department must mail a notice to each person whose last known address is listed in the report and who appears to be entitled to property with a value of more than seventy-five dollars presumed abandoned under this chapter and any beneficiary of a life or endowment insurance policy or annuity contract for whom the department has a last known address. The department is not required to mail notice under this subsection if the address listed in the report appears to the department to be insufficient for the purpose of the delivery of mail.
(4) The mailed notice must contain:
(a) A statement that, according to a report filed with the department, property is being held to which the addressee appears entitled; and
(b) The name of the person reporting the property and the type of property described in the report.
(5) This section is not applicable to sums payable on travelers checks, money orders, and other written instruments presumed abandoned under RCW 63.29.040
Effective dates—2015 3rd sp.s. c 6:
See note following RCW 82.04.4266